Newcastle Official On Airport Short Stay 1
“ Easy as pie. I needed to make a last minute alteration to my booking and they could not have been more helpful. Highly recommended.” - Mrs S Freeman
This is an official on-airport Short Stay car park where you park your own car and keep your keys.
The terminal is within walking distance from Short Stay.
- The airport is just 10 minutes from Newcastle city centre on the A696.
- If you're coming from the south, turn right at the roundabout into the airport complex, or left if you're coming along the A696 from the north.
- Take the first exit at the next roundabout and follow the signs for the short-term car park - it's directly opposite the terminal.
- If you're using a sat nav, the postcode is NE13 8BZ.
- On arrival, please take a ticket at the entry barrier
- Park your car, keep your keys and walk across the road to the terminal.
- Please keep your ticket somewhere safe, as you'll need it when you come back.
- At the exit barrier, insert your ticket and the barrier will raise and allow you to exit.
- If you have any problems, press the help button and quote your car park booking reference.
-The car park has 24-hour CCTV, 24-hour security patrols, entry and exit barriers, a fence and floodlighting.
- It holds the Park Mark award.
Please note from the 7th January 2019 Short Stay changed its name to Short Stay 1.
- The car park does not accept trailers or lorries. Vehicles must have less than 8 seats and fit in a standard-sized bay.
- The car park has a grace period up until midnight on the day of your booking. Anything past this will incur the standard £12 per day fee.
Electric Vehicle Charging
There are two electric charging points in this car park. They are free to use and available on a first come, first served basis.
Short Stay Weekend
Booking are available for 4 days maximum between Friday and Monday only.
I lost my ticket and the office were very kind and helpful
October 23, 2018
August 25, 2018
Very good ..all went as planned
March 20, 2018
I had prepaid parking for 3 days which cost £33.99 for the period 08:00 on Friday, 10 November 2017 to Exit: 23:00 on Sunday, 12 November 2017. Although my flight was slightly delayed I tried to exit the car park on Sunday at 22.30. The barrier would not open and the display told me that I had to pay at the pay station. Tired and keen to get home and not having the 'book out' time to hand, I assumed that this was because the delayed flight meant that I had gone over the allotted time by a few minutes. I was astounded to find that I had to pay an additional £63 to get the ticket back in order to get my car through the barrier.
Today, the 13th Nov and with a nights sleep I was even more astonished to discover on revisiting the booking that I had been trying to get out 30 minutes before the 'book out time'. I don't know if the £63 charge is a penelty for trying to get through the barrier 30 minutes before the period end or if it was because of a technical error. 3 days parking has cost me £96.66. I have no quibble with the £33.99 but the additional £63 feels like theft.
November 13, 2017
We were not allowed out even though we were still in time got assistance over intercom asked a load of questions gate opened no even an apology
December 10, 2016