Gatwick Purple Parking
“ This was the third time we have used Purple Parking, once at Heathrow and twice at Gatwick. We found the service very good indeed. Staff always friendly and the price of the parking very competitive.” - Graham Raines
This off-site car park is located 2.4 miles away from the airport, a journey which takes 10 minutes. Courtesy buses run three times an hour.
Please note that the car park has changed its terms and conditions and some larger vehicles are no longer accepted. Please read additional information below for full details to make sure the car park will accept your vehicle.
Please check your booking confirmation for details.
- Leave the M23 at junction 10 via the slip road. If you're coming from the north, take the third exit at the roundabout; if you're coming from the south, take the first exit onto the A2011 towards Horsham.
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit toward Horsham.
- At the next roundabout, take the fourth exit signposted “Gatwick/Redhill A23 Northbound”.
- Go straight over the roundabout, and stay on the A23. On your left, you'll pass Astral Towers.
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit for Charlwood and Lowfield Heath. After 200 yards, take the first exit at the mini-roundabout onto Charlwood Road. After a mile and a half, Purple Parking will be on your right.
Transfer to airport
The transfer bus runs to both terminals every 20 minutes and takes 10 minutes to get to the North and South terminals. Transfers run 24 hours a day and are included in the price.
- Simply drive through the barrier and park in one of the lanes 1-7 in the arrivals area.
- Next, you'll need to check-in at reception; remember to have your booking confirmation to hand (on your phone is fine, no need to print it out) and leave your keys with them.
- You'll be given a ticket which you need to show to the bus driver so you can use the shuttle. It will also have instructions on the back for when you return.
- The bus runs 24 hours a day on the hour, 20 past the hour and 20 to the hour and is included in the price.
To catch the shuttle bus back to the car park, you'll need the ticket you were given at check-in to the driver, so remember to keep it safe on your travels.
Returning from North Terminal
Turn right out of the terminal and follow the signs to bus stop 6.
Returning from South Terminal
Exit the terminal and head down to the ground level. Turn left and catch the bus from stops 7 or 8.
- Collect your keys from reception and drive to the exit. Scan the barcode attached to your keys at the exit barrier to get out.
- Returned early? Please contact the car park directly to give them as much notice as possible. If you don't, there may be a delay before you get your car back. Please note: No refund can be given for any booked parking that you don't use.
Like all Purple Parking sites, Purple Parking Gatwick is fully secured, with CCTV, barriers, a high fence, lighting and regular patrols. Also, all Purple Parking sites hold the Park Mark, a national security award accredited by the Association of Chief Police Officers.
The car park is fully insured (terms and conditions apply).
The transfer buses are wheelchair accessible.
- We recommend that you give yourself 45 minutes to drop your car and keys off and transfer to the airport.
- At their discretion, the car park will give you up until midnight on the date you have booked to collect your car. If you go into the next day you will be charged £10 per day (subject to change.)
- Booking confirmations can be printed or shown on your phone or device.
Restricted vehicles include:
- Commercial vehicles of any kind
- Medium or Large panelled vehicles such as a VW Caddy, Ford Transit, VW Transporter, Mercedes Sprinter, VW Crafter, Renault Master or Ford Transit, or any short or long wheeled vehicle of any description
- Vehicles with trailers
- The car park has a height limit of 2.1 metres.
Purple Parking Saver - Non Refundable
Bookings for this package are non-refundable, no amendments or cancellations are possible.
Previously known as
DON'T PARK WITH THIS COMPANY - I parked at Heathrow T5 and the service was appalling, my husband had booked 2 weeks but it logged out when he went back in it had only booked 1 week. When we explained this they said its your problem so you have to pay £20 a day extra, the amount we paid we could have got a stretch limo to the airport and back. We live 10miles from Heathrow in Surrey. What a rip off and rude staff. We paid £236 for 2 weeks what a rip off.
April 11, 2019
Terrible. Brand new car came back to a scratch. Purple Parking refusing to accept fault. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.
February 27, 2019
Broke a spring and my windscreen. Guess what? Not their fault in their care 14 days. Please avoid like the plague; a very very bad company.
February 25, 2019
My vehicle windscreen was damaged beyond repair whilst parked at Gatwick airport. Purple Parking completely denied any responsibility simply hiding behind their T&C’s of ‘parking at your own risk’. It looked to me like a shambolic operation on arrival and so it proved. My advice is to avoid.
February 18, 2019
Usually very impressed but two visits over 3 days and both very unimpressive. First one meant we missed our flight by only 5 minutes, which could have been avoided. On our return it took 10 minutes again, despite there being 2 other people sitting in or leaning against a car. Very disappointing.
February 17, 2019